“There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action and because there is only one you in all of time, this expression is unique. If you block this energy it will never exist through another medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, nor how valuable it is, nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open.” Martha Gram
Life coaching differs from therapy in that we set specific, time sensitive goals. Often these goals are future focused and require a PLAN OF ACTION. We focus on an area of your life that you want to improve. Some examples are career, relationships or body image. Doing this work with a licensed psychotherapist is a bonus. Let me tell you why.
Often what prevents you from moving forward is rooted in a past event/events. These events create habitual ways of thinking, habitual behaviors and shape our brain. Just like you can’t build a house on a faulty foundation, you can’t simply learn new tools and expect all that wasn’t working to disappear without some cleanup, understanding of old habits, as well as assistance with creating new habits. This formula helps my clients create change that is both noticeable and sustainable!
There are many reasons why clients choose to work with me as a life coach. Here is some of what we’ll do together~
- Identify your core values
- Learn how investing more time in core value activities brings greater satisfaction and joy
- Create a step-by-step plan that is centered on living a life of authenticity and purpose
- Start to live BIG! No more shrinking, hiding and playing it safe
- Gain awareness of how your perspective (thought patterns) shape your reality and how to put into practice, exercises that shift your perspective, bring new insights and ways of being in your life
- Learn how to create and sustain new habits