We all want to be happy, to be seen by others, acknowledged for our strengths and accepted even with the challenging aspects of ourselves. All that we need lies within. Sometimes we just need help remembering this truth. The focus of my therapeutic work is to help you find greater fulfillment in your life, live a life of purpose and create meaningful connections.
My therapeutic approach is influenced by my degree in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology from Naropa University, 19 years as a student of yoga, 8 years as a yoga instructor/yoga therapist, 5 years of experience at the Inpatient, Residential, Partial and Outpatient Hospitalization Programs at Eating Recovery Center, as well as many specialized trainings.
There are many reasons why clients choose to work with me as a therapist. Here’s some of what we’ll do together~
- Identify the obstacles and patterns that have prevented you from living the life you want and from being the person you want to be
- Discern what is working in your life from what is not
- Build on and strengthen what is working
- Explore your past, only as it serves your future
- Learn how to free up the vital energy that is spent managing, suppressing and avoiding aspects of your past, so you can shift your attention to living fully in the present
- Learn practical skills that can be used daily and will provide lasting change
p.s. We will laugh together, at times, because laughter is medicine and seeing a therapist shouldn’t be equated with seeing the dentist.
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Yoga Therapy
- Jungian Dreamwork and Sandtray
- Transpersonal Psychology
- Body-centered Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Trauma and PTSD
- Body-image, relationship with food and disordered eating
- One-on-one sessions are available in person (Vail, Colorado) or via Skype.
- Small groups are available in person (Vail, Colorado) or via Skype.